|HESLB Loan Application |
HESLB Loan Application 2019/2020
Background of HESLBMission
To provide loans and grants to needy and eligible Tanzanian Students for Higher and Tertiary Education.
To be a reliable and sustainable revolving fund in financing eligible Tanzanian Students for Higher and Tertiary Education.
The core values which will guide HESLB in achieving its objectives are:
Accountability: We are accountable for our own results, encourage ownership by taking initiatives and doing the right things for our organization. We feel obliged to make things better, to pursue excellence, and to do things in ways that further the goals of our organization. We will be answerable for our actions and the actions of our teams.
Commitment and Integrity: We are passionate and intensely focused on serving our clients (the higher education students) with high level of Integrity to enable them achieve their dreams. We do what we promise we are going to do. As individuals and as an organization, we are dedicated to serve our clients and stakeholders. We value all of our customers and stakeholders with high degree of Integrity.
Teamwork: We are committed to common goals based on open and honest communication and collaboration to one another while showing concern and support for each other and most importantly, our clients. We believe the best results stem from integrating a mix of talents, skills and experiences.
Equity: We value inclusiveness, fairness, transparency and justice that we want to see persist, and because of our main existence, we place a particular focus on reflecting the need of the disadvantaged, low-income communities most impacted by our work.
Delivery: We strive to individualize the client experience, provide high quality services that meet the expectations and requirements of our clients and suppliers. We seeks to add value to our clients’ career through tailored higher education financial support.
FUNCTIONS OF HESLB
- To assume responsibility for the control and management of all loanable funds as vested in the Board.
- To formulate the mechanism for determining eligible students for payment of loans.
- To administer and supervise the whole process of payment and repayment of loans
- To keep the register and other records of students loan beneficiaries under the Board
- To advise the Minister on matters of policy and of the law concerning provisions and recovery of loans to students.
- To establish operational links between the Board and higher education institutions with student loan beneficiaries for facilitating a smooth, efficient and effective administration of the loan funds
- To establish operational links with employers of loan beneficiaries for the purpose of facilitating the recovery of the loans granted.
- To establish networking and cooperation links on a mutually beneficial basis with institutions and organizations, be they governmental or non-governmental, local,foreign or international.
- To conduct research and maintain a data bank on other local and external scholarships, sponsorships and awards that may be accessed by Tanzanian students in need or in search of opportunities and financial sponsorship or assistance for higher education and/or training.
- To ensure the overall efficient and effective implementation of the provisions of the Act and of any such other written law concerning Government loans and
- To perform such other functions as are conferred upon the Board by or under the Act or any other written laws.
HESLB LOAN ONLINE APPLICATION 2019/2020Higher Education Students Loan Board (HESLB) has announced through their website that the Loan Application Window For Academic Year 2019/2020 will be launched from 1st July 2019 on Monday to 15th August 2019 on Thursday. So here Important things to understand How to apply fro HESLB Loan 2019/2020
Welcome to Online Loan Application and Management System (OLAMS). ONLY Tanzanian Nationals are eligible to apply for higher education student loans. Kindly provide TRUE information about yourself and follow all the instructions to fill and submit your application package.
MODE OF APPLICATION (APPLY ONLINE OLAMS)
All loan applications will be done through Online Loan Application and Management System (OLAMS). Applicants are REMINDED to use the same Form Four Index Numbers used while applying for admissions.
Upon completion of online application process, applicants shall be required to print out the application forms and Loan Agreements, obtain appropriate authentications, sign the forms, attach necessary documents and upload into OLAMS before submitting the same through EMS to:
The Executive Director, Higher Education Students’ Loans Board,46 Sam Nujoma, Mwenge S. L. P. 76068, 14113 Dar es Salaam, TANZANIA.
Applicants are REMINDED to keep full set of the loan applications, attachments submitted, and EMS receipts used for mailing their applications to HESLB for easy tracking when necessary.
Applications for 2019/2020 Academic Year will be open from Monday 01-July-2019 and the deadline will strictly be Thursday 15th August-2019.
Kindly read carefully the Guidelines and Criteria for Issuance of Loans for 2019/2020 before applying; Download Here
Click Apply. for Loan for registration using your Form IV Index Number and year of completion; After Providing and confirming your Form Four Index number, you will receive your Control Number (99111xxxxxxx),
Use the generated Control Number to Pay a Non-Refundable Application Fee of TZS 30,000.00 (Pay in-full, NOT by Instalments) through:
MPesa, Tigo Pesa, HaloPesa, Airtel Money, T-Pesa or EzyPesa through Control Number "generated by the system"as reference number and thereafter you will receive a confirmation message (receipt);
You can use your Control Number from OLAMS to pay application fee at any NMB, TPB or CRDB Bank Branch or respective Agents.
Should you need any assistance, kindly refer to provided instructions or call HESLB Helpdesk through +255 550 7910, 0736 665 533 or 0739 665 533.