Information Technology (IT) Internship
Job Title: Information Technology (IT) Internship
Company: Procter & Gamble Inc
Country: South Africa
Publication Date: 16/06/2019
Do you want to belong to one of the most advanced global IT and shared Services organizations in the world, transforming every single day the way business is done through technology and innovation? Do you have passion for technology and desire to learn and grow continuously? A career in IT with us will build your ownership and influencing skills, and provide you a breadth of experiences across multiple businesses.
Information Technology (IT) uses information and business knowledge to craft innovative solutions that change the way P&G runs business.
Your Role as an Intern in IT you would:
- Be accountable to deliver the assigned project with the associate measurable business value
- Work autonomously, handling your own time effectively in collaboration with others
- Actively search for improved ways to run business processes and/or applications
- Build collaborative relationships with the various teams you interact with, understanding and communicating effectively with internal and external business partners
- Proactively communicate the status of the project, activities and help to remove roadblocks.
- Build your own skills and knowledge through the job experience, coaching & training.
- You will be supported by a coach day to day and have access to experienced IT colleagues for mentoring.
What we offer:
- Responsibilities as of Day 1 - you will feel the ownership of your project from the beginning, and you will be given specific projects and responsibilities
- Continuous coaching & mentoring - you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager
- Dynamic and respectful work environment - employees are at the core; we value every individual and encourage initiatives promoting agility and work/life balance
- Paid Learning Experience : We treat you like a real full time employee, not only in terms of the responsibility you take on, but also by providing you with a competitive monthly stipend.
What we're looking for:
- A South African citizen with a valid South African ID
- Student currently enrolled in Bachelor's or Master's program with one of the following majors: Computer Science, Information technology or any relevant major
- An individual with a drive and passion to transform how the business runs
- Capability to develop mastery in one or more of the IT Disciplines - Application & Integration, Infrastructure, Data & Analytics, IT Security & Risk with evidence of strong technical expertise
- Excellent collaboration skills and working comfortably across teams
- Fluency in English
- Just so you know:
- This is a paid internship opportunity.
- Successful interns will be eligible for full-time placement upon graduation.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Our mission of Diversity and Inclusion is: "Everyone valued. Everyone included. Everyone performing at their peak".
TIPS FOR YOUR INTERVIEW
Here are some prospective employee meet-up tips that can enable you to interview viably. Appropriate planning will help ease a portion of the pressure associated with prospective employee meetings and position you for a positive and effective interviewing knowledge. Click here for Best tips for a successful job interview